Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The first two weeks!


So the first two weeks are tough. Everyone is so excited when you have a baby and you are so excited too. The hospital stay was great for us! I was doing really good and we were thrilled that our little guy finally made it into the world safe and beautiful!


Then we came home. Breastfeeding is hard, figuring out what your little baby needs is hard and just being a new parent is hard. Add NO sleep to that equation and you have a recipe for disaster. But that recipe can be avoided by asking and accepting help. My friends and family have been so wonderful. I am a basketcase anyways, without them I don't think I would have made it through the past two weeks. A load of laundry, an hour of conversation, or just holding Max are so helpful.


On top of our new journey together as mom and baby, our favorite person is gone. Rob was deployed last week and my emotions are still very high and low. Marriage is a wonderful thing and it changes the dynamic of your relationship. I know how much I love Rob and how much I lean on him. I appreciate him more because he isn't here right now. I am so proud of him, he is an amazing husband and dad and we are counting the days until he comes home for Christmas!


So for the first two weeks, THANK YOU! Thank you to everyone who took the time to check on us and help us out. We truly appreciate it. And to Rob, we love you and we are so proud to call you husband and father!

Much love-Mad Max and Jess

No comments: