Friday, June 13, 2008

Non Musical Me

I always tell people I am not a musical person. I NEVER buy CD’s, I don’t own an Ipod, I don’t download music, I rarely know the artist that sings a song and if you asked me my favorite musician I would say… Ummm I’m not really musical.

But I realized that I do love music. There are some songs that just resonate with me. I mostly listen to K-Love, praise and worship almost always speaks something to me. Sometimes I swear that God decreed that station just for me! Seems it is always just what I need to hear. I am sure that most of you know that because I always include music or lyrics in my blog entries.

Well today is no exception. Max and I had a fitful night because my dear boy is cutting all FOUR of his top teeth at one time. He awoke in the middle of the night needing his mama to sooth him back to sleep which I did. Then after short play time in bed with mommy this morning he fell back asleep until 7:45AM. This is a RARITY in our home…Max wakes up every day by 6:30. So thanks little dude for letting your Mama sleep in on Friday.

Reason number 2-IT’S FRIDAY! I love Fridays, in fact I pink puffy heart Fridays. I get to wear Jeans and I know that I don’t have to go to work tomorrow. More importantly another week is done in our deployment.

Reason Number 3-I can’t wait for Rob to open his Father’s Day gifts. I love buying gifts for people! I get true joy in finding the perfect thing…so once he gets them I will reveal the perfect gift that Max and I found for Rob.

And finally I have an internal excitement that is building. Every day looks more positive, one step closer to our family being whole again. One day closer to seeing my husband, wrapping my arms around him and finally, finally, after 300ish days apart feeling safe again. There is nowhere I feel more safe, more happy, more complete than in his arms.

And our song of the day is Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. Yes I know it is overplayed but I don’t listen to the stations that would play it anyways so it is perfect for my Friday. There is a rhythm of anticipation in that song that makes my heart bubble in excitement with the thoughts of finally seeing Rob. It holds promise for me. And I know more than anything else, Rob, Max and I will spend many hours just laying together, relishing our time, remembering the moment, and feeling the warmth of our family.

Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
If I lay Here
If I just lay Here
Would you lie with me
And just forget the world?

In anticipation
Jesi

No comments: