Thursday, July 24, 2008

Laziness

Ok, I am gonna be completely honest here...because you know it's my blog and I think my loyal 5 readers won't mind.

Sometimes I really struggle with not being LAZY.

Ewww, yuck. Who wants to admit they are lazy? OK, I don't want to but I felt the need to share.

I have been ROCKING in the spiritual sense lately. God is moving mountains in my life and I am loving it and then last night

I got lazy.

I wanted to simply play online after the monkey was in bed. I didnt want to wash his bottles, or make the new ones for today. I didnt want to put the toys away and worse than anything...I didn't want to pick up my books or my devotional and read them. Bad Jesi!

And then as I sat there WASTING time I realized that the dirty ol devil was trying to steal my joy. he knows I have been walking with the Lord and devoting myself to improving my life and my faith and he HATES every second of it. So he whispered in my ear, just read some more blogs, bottles can wait, it won't hurt if you skip praying for Rob just one night, you can get Max's stuff ready in the morning.

Uggg, I mentally battled for more than a moment. But once I identified (his) attempts to derail me I got up. Closed the internet. Got the bottles ready, got Max's bag ready, and went to bed. TO READ MY BOOKS and PRAY FOR ROB. Take that dirty devil. And you know what I felt so much better and I actually went to bed at a decent hour.

The devil wants to tempt you all the time but he especially LOVES to derail you when you are drawing closer to Christ. He hates your relationship with God and he wants to sink you into laziness. I say, kick him in the face. OUCH, that's harsh but he deserves it.

I don't want to be lazy but it is a daily struggle sometimes. I am TIRED. I dont wanna do everything I should but this is what the Bible says about the lazy.

A lazy person hates work.

(Proverbs 21:25) “The desire of the lazy man kills him, for his hands refuse to labor.”

A lazy person loves sleep.

(Proverbs 26:14) “As a door turns on its hinges, so does the lazy man on his bed.”

A lazy person gives excuses.

(Proverbs 26:13) “The lazy man says, ‘There is a lion in the road! A fierce lion is in the streets!’”

A lazy person becomes a servant (or debtor).

(Proverbs 12:24) “The hand of the diligent will rule, but the lazy man will be put to forced labor.”

A lazy person strains relationships.

(Proverbs 10:26) “As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is the lazy man to those who send him.”

A lazy person wastes time and energy.

(Proverbs 18:9) “He who is slothful in his work is a brother to him who is a great waster.”

A lazy person overlooks creation’s example.

(Proverbs 6:6) “Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise.”

A lazy person believes he is wise.

(Proverbs 26:16) “The lazy man is wiser in his own eyes than seven men who can answer sensibly.”

A lazy person seeks comfort.

(Proverbs 20:4) “The lazy man will not plow because of winter; he will beg during harvest and have nothing.”

A lazy person may come to poverty.

(Proverbs 13:4) “The soul of the lazy man desires and has nothing; but the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.”

DOUBLE OUCH. I don't want to be looked at as lazy, so I guess I will just keep trying to kick the devil when he hangs around attempting to derail me.

Kickin Lazy to the Curb

No comments: