Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy 10 Year Anniversary VSA!

Some of you may know that I had the extreme pleasure of teaching for 4 years at Victory School of the Arts in Oklahoma City, under the direction of Daniel Tardibono.

VSA offers excellent dance and arts training in several different areas. It is a Christ centered studio that not only teaches students the fundamentals of dance education and performance but also teaches service, ministry and worship. Dancing and teaching for Christ was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I will never forget the feeling of dancing in front of thousands of people, not for myself but for Him.

My time at VSA encouraged and often challenged my faith. I had three year olds who had more practical bible knowledge than me! I got to teach the youngest daughter of our pastor and the kids of many friends, I got to coach their Junior Company Competition team for two seasons and got to lead the Junior Devotionals for the same girls. I loved, learned, made lifelong friends and connections, and saw my dance life end all at VSA. Looking back at their website I see "my kids" that I taught when they were the babies, leaping, turning and leading VSA and I couldn't be more proud to be just a small part of what God did and is doing there.

For all of these reasons and more VSA holds a very special place in my heart. I have their website on my favorite links if you are looking for quality Christian dance. I know if I ever have a little dancer she will most definitely be at VSA!
Always,

1 comment:

Andi Hawkins said...

Can you imagine having a little girl? I don't even know what that would be like. At my house she would probably end up wearing soccer shirts and playing trains. But she would be doted on!!!