Monday, October 6, 2008

Welcome!

The blog is finally up and running! I wanted to wait until I could get the design just right for you and here it is. The design was done by Real Life Design and I absolutely love it.

As we start this journey together, in getting to know each other better I wanted to share my heart with you. The post below talks about how I determined God's purpose for our deployment. You see, our deployment was rough (aren't they all) and it never seemed easy. I was a first time momma with a screechy newborn who couldn't seem to figure out the whole sleep thing. Motherhood didn't come easily to me. I still watch in wonder when I see people breeze through it with lovely smiles and pretty hair.

Motherhood rocked my entire world from the moment that Max entered this world. Ten days later, my husband was deployed and I found myself alone, stripped of any sense of my comfort zone and stumbling through day by day, exhausted and questioning God. Why did we have to go through this?

Looking back I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he used our deployment to get my attention and bring me back to him. Fully back to him. Authentically, honestly, heart achingly close to Him. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

That night, in Max's nursery, I cried out to the Lord to reveal Himself to me and He did. He showed me that I had to endure this adversity to get through to my purpose. And I did it! I am just a few days away from ending our deployment and now it's my turn to help you. To encourage you when you feel like you can't make it another day. To make you laugh when you realize that this whole motherhood and deployment thing can be pretty entertaining. And to show you Christ's love. Oh how He loves you. He is the one person you can count on in your deployment, so turn to Him and feel His love.

If you hate your deployment, you feel like you are losing your mind, your house is messy and you show up to work with a paci in your pocket, Welcome, Welcome Home.

I can't wait to know you more.

Always,

2 comments:

Runningmama said...

This is so AWESOME!!!!!!!

Jesi said...

Thank you Andi. You are my most favorite loyal commentor. You should like, win a prize if I had one to give out!