Thursday, August 25, 2011

L is for Light




L is for Light
We started preschool at home this week with Max and I am so pleased with how he is doing! It was an absolutely CRAZY week to start and I wasn't 100% ready to get started. He kept asking to do school stuff so we just sort of started with a bang. This week we are studying the letter L using our Raising Rockstars Preschool Curriculum.

So far this week we have....
~Put Together our Learning Board

memory verse, life lesson, song, weather, show off section and highlights

~Practiced L's
~Learned that L is for Lego!
~Worked on our memory verse

matthew 5:16

~Cutting practice with our memory verse

cutting and pasting

~Learned L is for Lorax

~Worked on our L slideshows from RRSP and on Starfall.com

~L is for Listen and talked about our Life Lesson
{I can obey Mommy and Daddy. I can be kind to others. I can learn about God. I can tell the truth. I can share. I can show love to others. I can be brave. I can tell others about Jesus}
~Learned L is for Light and played with a new laser sword and glow necklaces



It's been a lot of fun to learn with Max this week and he really surprised me with his memory verse! I am so proud that he is starting to remember his verse for the week! He struggles a little bit with lettering so we go at his pace and do it casually when he wants to. It's been a fun week and I can't wait to finish up the letter L next week using our new workboxes!.

"Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in Heaven"
Matthew 5:16

A few times Max has substituted the word Daddy for Father which I think is sweet. He definitely loves both his earthly and heavenly Daddy's!
Always,
Jesi

No comments: