Something that I think is really important to Rob and I in our parenting is teaching our children to be grateful. There are SO MANY adults and kids today that have a HUGE sense of entitlement and it drives me bananas. Instead of being grateful for the blessings that we are given we are constantly on the hunt for more or unsatisfied, even when our every need is filled. We are not perfect and can definitely be guilty of this as well!
In an effort to remember just how blessed we are as a family, we are going to be celebrating November with a Month of Thankfulness and Gratefulness! We plan to show our appreciation for those around us with random acts of kindness and little things that just say THANK YOU!
Some ideas that I have for the month are...
- Make treats and take them to the fire house down the street. These firefighters are the ones who responded to our scary 911 call with Max last year.
Send treats to Mommyand Daddy's coworkers.
- Give a $5 gas card to someone.
- Leave a $1 by the coffee machine at a gas station.
Donate our old clothes to friends and others. Donate toys we don't play with anymore. Turkey our neighbors with a surprise on their doorstep.
- Visit the Oklahoma Food Bank and donate canned goods and $ for meals.
Pick up trash somewhere.
- Take a treat to our LifeKids Director at church.
Give an offering at church. Make dinner for friends. Take old towels and treats to the local animal shelter.
- Write a Thank You card to a friend.
Send a TS gift to someone just to say we love you.
- Leave candy for the mailman.
Adopt a kid for Christmas.
- Leave change on a vending machine.
Treat our sitter to a sonic drink. Take a coffee to our MDO director.
- Bring breakfast for our MDO teachers.
- Leave nice notes on bathroom or dressing room mirrors for the ladies.
- Make a military care package for a deployed soldier.
- Take a dinner to a military wife.
Pay for the person behind us somewhere. Pray for a friend. Call our grandparents just to say Hi. Tip the teenage boys who helped us take our groceries out. Give a gift to our siblings! Adopt a family for Christmas.
I don't know that we will get close to doing everything on our list but we are excited to show others that we are thankful for them!
Our month was inspired by this!