Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tip Someone!

What a great first and second day of our month of Thankfulness!

Yesterday was our first day and we started by Turkey'ing *yes I made that word up* our neighbors! It was a fun way to show a little neighborly appreciation and Max really liked it. He has started saying we are celebrating Nicegiving this month.

At the end of the night, after a long day we HAD to go grocery shopping. I don't know about anyone else but we get paid 2x per month. October was a longgggggggggg month with the second half having 3 weekends! We are also attempting to honor God more with our finances so we are paying a lot extra towards our few debts and that leaves very little "extra" to go around. It's a Dave Ramsey way of thinking but it gets a little panicky when you have $3 left at the end of the month (after saving, tithing and budgeting everything else). But God IS faithful and our finances are already lightened for November which we are thankful for!



Rob stayed home with Stella, Jackson and Presley while Max and I went shopping. We loaded our cart up and spent a good chunk on groceries. We had a FULL cart and a HUGE bag of dogfood so when the young teenage boy offered to help us out (which ONLY happens at Crest, never at Target or Walmart) we accepted. His friend came up in the parking lot and helped as well. I saw the perfect opportunity to do another ROAK for our month of Thankfulness. I whispered to Max and asked if he would like to bless these young men for helping us. Of course he was excited to do so! We got out a little cash that I had in my wallet and Max tipped each of them. You could tell that they were surprised and they shut all my doors and told me to have a GREAT night (with a maam thrown in there too, sigh :))



Max was also BEGGING for a spiderman toothbrush and toothpaste so I let him pick it out IF he picked something out for Stella. We decided on a Hello Kitty toothbrush and Disney Princess toothpaste. She was in bed when we got home but he got to give it to her this morning. She LOVED it and he kept talking about how it was nice to take care of your little sister when you are a big brother. Melt my heart.



Today I am thankful for SIBLINGS and my sweet kids who are learning how to be kind to others and each other. Growing up an only child I never got that super close sibling bond until later. I am greatly blessed by all of my stepbrothers and half brother, my brother in law and sister in law and especially brothers sweet wives. It's nice to have siblings.

photo from Sarah Billheimer Photography

Always,
Jesi

No comments: