Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Together

We can do better together.

So many times as Christians we feel like we should have it all together, or that asking for prayer is a burden to our friends. We are brothers and sisters in Christ! There should be no greater honor than revealing our weaknesses and asking for HELP from our friends!

But that doesn't make it easy.

It's difficult to reveal our shortcomings, our weaknesses and our most hidden fears. But when we bring them to light God allows our spirit to be lifted and our burden suddenly becomes lighter. I hesitated to overshare what we were going through with our house(s) because it's not a pretty package tied up with a perfect bow. And ya know what? That's JUST LIFE. Nobody has it all together, no marriage is perfect, no ones finances are 100% perfect, no one's kids are well behaved all the time (or any of the time?) and no ones job is AWESOME all the time. We all have shadows that sometimes bring darkness to our lives and our spirits, even when our lives are filled with GOOD THINGS.

I determined that God wanted me to SURRENDER to Him. And I tried. I failed. But I kept on trying and pushing forward. And I am still not perfected. But I will continue to press into Him and KEEP ON TRYING.

And then I determined that God wanted me to share our struggles and ask for help. I am so reliant on help right now its making my personpleasing heart spin. I am in turns incredibly thankful that I HAVE people I can turn to and yet still struggling not to feel like a big ol burden to everyone I have to ask for help. But I have no other choice. Sometimes God strips us of our comfortable sources of assistance so that we have to move outside the comfort zone and find new ones. And its definitely not comfortable.

Reach out and share with your trusted brothers and sisters in Christ. Even though it feels uncomfortable, share. Share your struggles, your heart, your challenges, your worries, fears and desires. God WILL honor your transparency and gift you with friends who will PRAY for you. And that is the greatest gift we can share, together.

Matthew 18:20
For where 2 or 3 gather in my name, there am I with them.

No comments: