Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Deployments Suck

Yep, there I said it. No sugar coating, no positive spin. They SUCK. They are just terrible, TERRIBLE I tell you. I am so completely OVER IT!

So here is why I start this Tuesday morning with such a gloomy outlook. 1. It is gloomy here, it is dark but not raining, humid but not sunny and just blah. 2. I just got several emails from my FRG (family readiness group) yahoo group filled with several posts about other people getting excited for R&R, needing to know when they get to pick up their soldier from the airport and others talking lightheartedly about it all because they already got their R&R and it makes me want to SCREAM in frustration. WHY? Why do we not get to see eachother? Why is this happening anyways? What is the point of it all? and 3. Max had a fever all weekend so neither of us got much sleep and I hate that he is not feeling well, again.

And then, when I am already low, already frustrated with the world and the Army and this freakin place called Iraq where my husband is surrounded by the heat of dessert, sand and foriegners I hear this song..."Here Without You"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J8q4cBSkTQ

Akkkkk, really?? REALLY?

This was such a pivotal song to Rob and I when we did the Afghanistan deployment in 2003, everytime I heard it I cried. And today was no different, I sat at my desk and my eyes welled up and I listened to the words and I knew that Rob was thinking about me right at that moment. That he would give anything to be here with us and that I had to get it together.

So, here I am updating the blog, and remembering to check my donut of misery...more about that another time. We are 60% done. The tag under that update said, "Excited Yet?" Ummm, no I am not excited I still have 4 months of this to get through but I do know that we will get through it.

And for Rob because he is our most loyal blog reader-
Everything I know, and anywhere I go
It gets hard but it wont take away my love
And when the last one falls
When it's all said and done
It gets hard but it wont take away my love

Always
Jess

No comments: