Saturday, February 7, 2009

Super Easy, Super Low Calorie Chicken Tortilla soup

OMG this is too die for and it makes a ton! It's hard to say how many servings there are because I haven't finished eating it yet! But my LARGE crockpot of deliciousness is completely full and the entire thing is just....drumroll please....

880 CALORIES.

No, not per serving, the ENTIRE CROCKPOT

I would gage this makes AT LEAST 10 bowls, I will update after I eat them over the next two days. But that means an entire bowl of this delish soup is just 88 calories, or less!

OK, here we go
Ingredients
16 ounces raw, boneless skinless chicken breast or tenders (I always buy tenders because I can stretch a $6 bag for 3-4 meals!) 360 Calories
2 boxes of 99% Fat Free Chicken Broth-120 Calories
1 Can Rotel-50 Calories
I can Corn-210 Calories
3 Small Bell Peppers-I used Red, Orange and Yellow-60 Cal
1 Large Green Zucchini-50 Calories
1 Small Onion-30 Calories
Season-I used Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt, Garlic Garlic and Onion Onion plus Cumin, Chili Powder and a dash of Lemon Pepper and Ground Red Pepper. Season with what you have and what you like.

Place the raw, defrosted chicken in your crockpot. Add Chicken Broth, Rotel, Corn (DRAINED)
Cut Bell Pepper into strips, cut onion into slices or dice, cut zucchini into a large dice. Add all to the crockpot. Season with what you have on hand and what you like! I listed what I used above.
Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-9 hours. You just want your chicken completely cooked and to shred easily. Cooking soup in your crockpot is pretty forgiving.
Shred chicken and leave in soup.
Serve with Chopped Avocado, Light Sour Cream, Reduced Fat Cheese or Strips of Corn Tortilla. Just be sure to add in the calories for your toppers. Enjoy!
Jesi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds yummy! I am going to have to try this.