As I have blogged about before in December 2010 we were pretty much shocked off our rockers to find out we were expecting twins. We were not planning on having a 3rd child so close to Stella, let alone 2 of them. I still vividly remember that day and looking around our first house and deciding right then that I wasn't moving.
Our house is our home. We moved from our first rental home into this house just a year and a half after we were married. We had our eye on the developing neighborhood and we liked the location and found a floorplan that we loved. A simple stop by the office resulted in a walkthrough, which resulted in a contract and suddenly we were finishing out the building of our house and moving into a brand new 1650 square foot, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage that was right next to anything we could need. This house has been a blessing to us and I don't forget the excitement that we felt and how lucky we felt that we could afford something so nice and comfortable in our young newlywed lives. The master bedroom is great and we love the huge living room and dream kitchen. The extra rooms were small but we only needed an office and a guest room...what more could we need?
Flash forward 4 years and our family has tripled in size. What started with just a couple and a dog has quickly turned into a family of six. We have 4 young children and a large dog plus 2 adults in our house. And you know what, it's fine! It's manageable. It's better than that. I know many families who would love to live in our house and I don't want to minimize that at all. We sat on the knowledge of twins for a few weeks and thought about if we should try to sell our house and get something larger or not.
We started the process in April 2011...we stumbled across a beautiful olllllld bigggggggg house in Guthrie, which is a small town about 30 minutes north. It was CHEAP too, dirt cheap but I loved it. I even dragged Rob along with Max and Stella out there to check it out. The whole way home I felt uneasy. I loved the house but I certainly didn't feel peaceful about it. We decided to put our house on the market and met our realtor, hammered the sign into the yard and got ready. We cleaned the house from top to bottom and waited. And then 3 days later, the bottom dropped out.